Thursday, June 12, 2008

She is Leaving

One of my closest friends here is leaving on Saturday. Rachel and I have hung out almost every day and we go to the Palmerston North Film Society together. Fortunately she lives in North Carolina so we'll see each other.

And it wouldn't be bothering me if the Beatles song "She is Leaving" hadn't come on. And suddenly I remember that this was completely temporary and I am leaving. This was not permanent? And I wonder if any part of my body isn't aware of this. Is it only my brain that knows I'm leaving or is it my entire being? Are my veins aware? Should I announce it to every part of me? I'm sure my fingers know now, since they're typing this out. And my ears must know because I hear people talking about when I leave. And of course there's my mouth. So I figure the word will spread. Either that or it will just be a big shock to the system when I get on the plane.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Technically speaking, it's probably only the big toe on your right foot that *really* knows. I know. I saw a video on you tube. So I know. I do.

Hmmm. Going home. I remember going home after my year in Brazil and it was truly weird.

BUT - God uses all things to grow us.

AMEN.

Unknown said...

I have another comment. Do you know what labels on blogs are for?

Yours make me laugh. I have no idea how you label them. I think it must be random thoughts that you associate with your post that make sense only to you. Or maybe - I am wrong. Has happend many a time before.