Monday, June 16, 2008

and now i'm leaving

naturally i was not expecting to leave so quickly. this happens to me a lot, when I think that i have more time than I do. I was planning on leaving Friday or Saturday to head up to Auckland but my travel buddy just came by last night and said that we can get a ride with her boyfriend and a few others tomorrow. Sooo I'm not one to tell a person no. Not that I really want to. My dad says that he and I thrive in chaos and sometimes I feel that we do. But chaos also wears me out and I need time to relax. This is how summer goes:

I rush around everywhere so I can sit on a beach. Basically I hurry up to slow down. I'm not sure if this is how life is supposed to be. Lately I feel that the only quiet time I have is the fifteen minutes right before right after I go to bed.

But I am excited! I've never been to Auckland and I can't wait for Fiji. I think it will be a good change from Palmy, despite the lovely people I've met here (Tara this includes you).

I'm thinking of going to Thailand in December. Hopefully this will work out. I'd like to find an orphanage or women's shelter at which to work while I'm there. Does anyone know of one?

Hopefully I'll blog in Fiji and put up some pictures. hopefully...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey that's me - I felt really special when I read that. I suppose you really have left now after your false start. I hope you'll be able to keep up the writing while you are away. I would love to read about your travels. I can travel vicariously though you.

God Bless